You are here
office of the speaker
PROFILE OF THE SPEAKER
PROFILE OF THE SPEAKER
- Dikeledi Mmetle was born on the 26th of December 1974
- She is a mother of two (Kholofelo and Tawana). Mmetle was born in Moime Village.
- She started her schooling at Moime Primary School in Moime Village.
- After Moime Primary she went to Sekaba Senior Secondary School where she completed her Grade 12.
- She went to Mapulaneng Grace Shope where studied Secretarial Diploma in 1994.
- In 2001 she did Human Resource Management with UNISA.
- Mmetle has a B-Tech in Public Relations from UNISA.
- Mmetle has a BCOM (HONOURS) Marketing Management..
- Cllr. Dikeledi Mmetle was elected as a Speaker of the Greater Tzaneen Municipality on the 17 August 2016.
- She served as a Mayor of the Greater Tzaneen Municipality from June 2011 to July 2016.
- She was elected SALGA’s deputy Provincial Chairperson
- She made local history by becoming the first woman to be elected Mayor and only the second Mayor of the Greater Tzaneen Municipality since the establishment of Municipalities in the year 2000.
- Mmetle is currently the Regional Chairperson of the African National Congress Women’s League (ANCWL) in Mopani.
- Councillor Mmetle served as a member of the ANC Mopani Regional Executive Committee. By virtue of being the Regional Chairperson of the Woman's league Mmetle is an Ex-offcio of the Limpopo ANCWL Provincial Executive Committee.
- Mmetle worked at Letaba Hospital as Chief Community Liaison Officer.
- Mmetle served as a PR councillor in the Greater Tzaneen Municipality from 2000 until 2006.
- In 2006 she became the PR Councillor of Greater Tzaneen Municipality as well as a member of the Executive committee.
- Mmetle worked as a Secretary at Lesedi Community Development Association from 1995 till 1996.
- She then worked at the Parliamentary office as an Administrator/Paralegal Secretary from 1996 till 2004.
- Certificate of Excellence on Service Element of Access to care and patients, family rights
- Accreditation of Letaba Provincial Hospital,
- Certificate of Excellence for outstanding performance in Communication Mopani District.
- Certificate of Excellence for outstanding performance of Hospital Board,
- Certificate of appreciation in Cleanest Town
- Limpopo Province Municipal Performance Excellent Awards (VUNA)
- • Councillor Mmetle is a hardworking person, flexible, goal orientated, reliable, initiative, enjoys challenges and problem solving, she respects the views of others, assertive and always had a dire to work towards quality improvement and client satisfaction.
- ADDENDUM NOTICE FOR SCMU 162020 NDUNA MANDLAKAZI TO MPENYISITO IN WARD 13
- Kindly be informed that Georges valley Water Treatment Works will be shut down for maintenance on 15 June 2020
- Repairs of Raw Water Pipeline
- MUNICIPALITY'S MAIN BUILDING CLOSED FOR RENOVATIONS
- Library closure
- Copy of GTM Load Shedding Schedule Feb 2020 Rev1
- Water issue